E.ON making good progress implementing its strategy: retaining its nuclear power business in Germany means spinoff can remain on schedule
E.ON will retain responsibility for the remaining operation and dismantling of its nuclear generating capacity in Germany and not transfer it to Uniper. This will not affect E.ON’s strategic transformation.
- ON’s strategic transformation on schedule, Uniper to begin operations at the start of the new year
- Going forward, E.ON to focus on renewables, energy networks, and customer solutions; nuclear energy not a strategic asset
- Nuclear power business in Germany to be managed by Hanover-based PreussenElektra
- ON remains open to constructive solutions and shared responsibility with the German state
- Impairment charges in the higher single-digit billion euro range expected in the third quarter
- Dividend for 2015 financial year to remain at 50 cents per share.….