E.ON results in line with expectations
- Dividend proposal of €0.50 per share confirmed
- EBITDA of €7.6 billion at upper end of forecast range, underlying net income at €1.6 billion
- Substantial net loss due to significant impairment charges
- Economic net debt reduced by €5.7 billion
- Full-year 2016 EBITDA expected to be between €6 and €6.5 billion
E.ON’s 2015 operating results were in line with expectations. At today’s annual results press conference CEO Johannes Teyssen said: “We posted solid operating results in a very difficult market environment. Our numbers reflect the far-reaching structural transformation that our industry is experiencing and that continues unabated in the current year. Our strategy of having E.ON and Uniper focus on their respective energy world is the right response to this transformation. But the course ahead will be tougher and longer than anticipated.”….