New wind power plant in Cuxhaven, Germany
- Manufacturing of nacelles for offshore wind turbines
- €200 million investment and up to 1,000 new jobs
- Most significant new Siemens production facility in Germany in recent years
- Beginning of manufacturing planned for 2017
- Signing ceremony at Cuxhaven Harbor on August 13, 2015
Siemens is investing around €200 million to build its first production facility for offshore wind turbine components in Germany. The factory is to manufacture nacelles for the company’s next-generation wind turbines. These wind turbines are designed for use at sea and have a capacity of seven megawatts. The new factory in Cuxhaven will be one of Siemens’ most significant new production facilities in Germany in recent years and create up to 1,000 new jobs. The groundbreaking is scheduled to take place later this year, with production of the first components to begin in mid-2017. ….