Bachelor Liberal Arts and Sciences
Amsterdam University College
– A full-time selective three-year honours programme in liberal arts and sciences at Bachelor level, taught in English, with a strong offer in the sciences and enrolling up to 50% science majors.
– An engaging academic and social context, supported by small class size, residential college setting and state-of-the-art facilities.
– A centre of academic excellence with an international and intercultural focus, as well as outreach to the (local) community
– A joint initiative of the University of Amsterdam and VU University Amsterdam, two major European research universities, located in the global city of Amsterdam.
– A welcoming community encouraging diversity and excellence, by, among others, offering scholarships through the AUC Scholarship Fund.
The AUC programme combines breadth of experience with depth of knowledge. A key aspect is tackling the real-life problems and challenges facing today’s world. From day one, you are expected to think about the ‘Big Questions’ in science and society, and learn how to make a meaningful contribution to current debates. Substantial emphasis is placed on the sciences, including interdisciplinary themes such as: Health and Well-being; Energy, Climate and Sustainability; and Life, Evolution, and the Universe. As today’s students, but also tomorrow’s leaders, you will have to be successful in both cooperating and competing at an international level.